Tuesday, August 04, 2009



Pondering books…
Shall we?

A bitch just read this article about a proposal from the Democratic Leadership Council to move from textbooks toward e-books and…well, it made a bitch sad.

I happen to enjoy the hell out of books…I adore books…shit, I am currently sitting in my couch-based area surrounded by books!

Yes, they weigh more than an electronic pocket tool…but a bitch even enjoys the weight of books.

There’s something about the texture of paper…the sensation of flipping through page after page to reveal the story within. A bitch has fond memories of weekend visits to my local library where I’d stock up on biographies, histories and trashy novels and when I returned home I’d settle into bed for hours of fantabulous reading.

... I grew up in a mid class family ...
... we had thousands of books, a whole room of shelves ...
... but now that I'm broke in a foreign land ...
... I appreciate the free electronic formats from guttemberg ...
... and now that I'm older and have hard time reading paper ...
... I like the readable backlit display of computers for the purpose ...

... what I don't appreciate at all ...
... is the US government protected and inspired orwellian agenda ...
... permitting DRM revocation ...
... I started using ebooks early 90's ...
... and at this point ...
... I am only going to use/obtain ...
... pure ASCII files ...
... on free open systems ...
... and I suggest everybody ...
... to boycott any other format and system ...
... and to boycott companies that make use of such systems ...
... before uncle sam nazi bankers ...
... may decide to "revoke" all our culture ...






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]