Friday, May 22, 2009



Turkish promises to improve the treatment of Kurds ring hollow

INSIDE a concrete shack in the predominantly Kurdish slum of Daglioglu, in south-east Turkey, 17-year-old “Mehmet” (he cannot give his real name) rolls up his trousers and points to a deep scar. “They beat me, kicked me repeatedly, called me a ‘dirty Kurd’, forced me to do push-ups and demanded I become an informant.” In another neighbourhood a 16-year-old girl suffered worse horrors. “Confess or I’ll fuck you and your mother,” she was told as she was driven to police headquarters. She and other female detainees were, she says, clubbed and dragged by the hair. In jail they were stripped naked and forced to kneel as wardens “searched our crevices”.

... it would be advisable to have a kurd state ...
... since none of the ethnic groups around there ...
... will never leave them in peace, and viceversa ...
... another palestine ...
... more simple, but still an issue ...






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]